Professional and Approachable.
People just like you.
More often than not, if you're trying to find an attorney, something big is probably going on in your life and it can be intimidating. Freeman Wilcox & Nance want you to feel comfortable and know that we're not just suits and briefcases. We are regular people just like you and our firm is here to help. Give us a call and let us help you navigate through any legal issue you may have. With experience in civil, criminal and family law, our firm can provide the counsel you need.
Born Oxford, Mississippi, July 31, 1977; admitted to bar, 2006, Texas, 2005, Mississippi; also admitted to practice before U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; U.S. District Courts, Northern District of Texas, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi.
University of Mississippi (B.A. 2000)
Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (J.D. 2005)
Professional Associations & Honors
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Committee Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Membership Retention Committee
- Former Director, Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association
- 2010 Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, Thomson Reuters
Publications & Published Cases
- “Commercial Truck Litigation 2007,” 23rd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Seminar 2007, State Bar of Texas (2007). Co-Author.
- Ashburn v. Caviness, 298 S.W.3d 401 (Tex. App. 2009, no pet.)
Education & Academic Honors
- Graduate of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers association Trial College in 2008.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2007.
- Jurisprudence Awards at Texas Tech Law School for participation in the Innocence Project of
Texas in 2006-2007 and for a paper authored in the Race & Racism Seminar in 2007.
- Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of North Texas in 2004.
- Active Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- Former Member in the National College for DUI Defense 2011-2015.
- Legal Committee for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (“NORML”)
Prior Professional Service
- President of the Panhandle Criminal Defense Lawyers Association for 2012-2013.
- Vice President of the Panhandle Criminal Defense Lawyers Association for 2011-2012.
- Secretary-Treasurer of the Panhandle Criminal Defense Lawyers Association 2010-2011.
- Served on Potter County Bail Bond Board in 2010.
- The State of Texas vs. Lonnie Ray Allen LaBonte, 2009 WL 62932
Tex.App.-Hous.[14th Dist.], 2009).
Licensed to Practice
- State of Texas since November 2007.
Education and Honors
- Juris Doctorate Degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School 2004
- 2010 Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, Family Law, Thomson Reuters- 2012 Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters
- 2012 Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, Family Law, Thomson Reuters- 2012 Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters
- Secretary of the Panhandle Family Law Association 2012-2013
-Active Member of the Panhandle Family Law Association
Prior Professional Service
- President of the Panhandle Family Law Association 2014-Current
- Vice President of the Panhandle Family Law Association for 2013-2014
- Secretary of the Panhandle Family Law Association for 2012-2013
- Treasurer of the Panhandle Family Law Association for 2011-2012.
- Treasurer - Elect of the Panhandle Family Law Association for 2010-2011
- The State of Texas vs. Joshua Cotter, 360 S.W. 3d 647 (Tex.-App. Amarillo 2012)
Licensed to Practice
- State of Texas since 2005
Different Types of Problems, Need Different Types of Representation
Many people have little or no knowledge of what attorneys really do (outside of watching tv). “Can’t any lawyer represent me and my case?” No. Walk onto any construction site, you’ll find people knowledgeable about electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing and more. Did you know that in the legal world there are different areas of law and different lawyers who practice in those areas?
Whether it's an auto accident, a family custody case, or someone is facing criminal charges, you need, and have a right to have a voice speaking for you and your side. To explain. To represent you. That is your right. Like the construction site scenario, you want someone who is experienced at what they do, to work on your case. Each partner at this firm has an area of practice. The list below gives examples of some of the different areas this firm represents.
18 Wheeler Wrecks
Nursing Home Abuse
Wills / Name Change
Child Protective Services
Freeman Wilcox & Nance, LLC is an Amarillo-based law firm practicing Family Law, Civil Law and Criminal Law. Our firm believes every person has a right to the best legal representation possible and we are here to do just that.
2403 Line Avenue • Amarillo, Texas • © Freeman Wilcox & Nance, LLC